Thursday, August 11, 2005

One Cubic Inch of Musical, Digital Coolness

So what's a good reason not to buy the mobiBLU DAH-1500 — or more specifically, the -i Walmart version? 'Cause I'm really, really tempted...

Update, 9:29 AM: I keep searching for reviews I haven't read yet. Then I thought, why not keep a list of the ones I've seen? I'll keep said list here. If you find another one, add it in the comments (or email me with it, you anonymous coward). Also added is the official specs page.

Categories: , , ,

5 comments:

staticfoo said...

Ummm... It's only 1Gb? You get fewer writes than you do on a hard drive based player?

That's about all I can think of, but keep in mind, the write limit is still really high up there, and you don't often need more than 1Gb at a time. Plus, it's just awesome.

Aaron *@ said...

You gamers just aren't happy unless something's in die form :). Actually, that'd be kind of a cool feature. roll the MP3 player to play a random song.

Arthaey Angosii said...

The writes-limit is true... Wonder if any of the reviews out there tested that.

As for the "limited" capacity, my ears are not picky at all about music quality. Most of my music is at 128 kbps, but 92 or even 64 kbps don't bother me too much. So I could conceivably cram a lot more music onto 1Gb than hardcore music afficionados who can't settle for less than 320 kbps.

And rolling this thing as a die makes me wonder at its durability. Hopefully it could survive being rolled...

staticfoo said...

It'd still probably take a year or so of writing stuff all the time to start messing things up.

Forrest said...

I don't think its worth even worrying about write limitations; the same problem affects *every* flash device made and noone seems to have problems. I'd imagine a digital camera would be most problematic, what with the write/read/delete inherent to a camera, but i've never seen anyone who's had a problem with them.