Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Morning Surf

What am I doing up at 8 in the morning when I don't have class until 2? My brain woke up, and wouldn't shut up. Stupid brain. What's it done for me recently? Make me lose sleep, that's what!

On the morning surf (like the "morning commute," see?), I came across geocaching for money — if you live in the appropriate state, that is. I like it when companies figure out how to get people to do things for them. Seems like a win-win to me: the companies get their "SkySites" back rather than continually replace them (which would probably make the cost of operations too high for them to even exist), and people who would otherwise geocache for free get a bounty. There's probably a dark side here somewhere... There's always a dark side... :/

In science-meets-arcade news, you can now play DDR at the Scripps Aquarium, where the "D" stands for "DNA".

On the art side of things, BoingBoing has posted about two HowTo's for comics. It's really fascinating to see how people do them, step by step. The first one is Kazu Kibuishi's Copper comics (which I'd never heard of, either). The second is Apple Geeks: steps 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. That's gotta take some kind of patience.

Categories: , , , ,

1 comments:

Lisa R said...

It is still the morning surf!

Death to the slacker!