Yay bus! I figured out how to write on my laptop without getting motion-sick. I write with the laptop lid mostly shut, so I just have enough room to type but not see the screen. Works wonders for shutting up the Internal Editor, too. :P
Because I took the bus, I wrote 1690 words yesterday! And this morning, I woke up early, wrote 300 words before I left the house, and wrote another 842 while on the bus. Of course, the NaNo goal for today is the 10k mark, so at 6854 I'm still pretty behind. But I do feel more like I can catch up, so that's good.
In other NaNo news... Perhaps my dear devoted readers could help out with some naming problems I'm running into. Here's what I need named:
- Drei LastName, something that sounds good together for yelling at a teenage girl; Drei is an addict, runaway, and thief, so she's going to regularly get yelled at :)
- the Something Tavern, where Our Hero goes to drown the sorrows of his young daughter dying
- Grandfather Rordechin, Our Heroine's grandfather and the leader of their guild. He's a mean, demanding old coot but he's done Good Things for the guild
- GuildLeader Master, a title for the, well, guild leader :)
- better, more fantasy-esque terms for cremation, the cremator (the man who runs the shop), and the crematorium (the shop itself)
- psychic energy, the source of magic. All people have energy; only magic spirits (who were once people) can use said energy to do magic.
- a follower, someone who gives their energy to a spirit (usually voluntarily)
- a mind controller Memorist, a type of spirit with the magical ability to read, create, or extract memories from both the living and the recently dead
- the sacrifice ritual Sacrifice, when a normal person does some ritual, gives up their body, and their energy becomes a spirit with magic instead
- a priest or priestess, someone who oversees the sacrifice ritual and is a caretaker of knowledge about the spirits that isn't "common knowledge"
- a binding token spirit gem, some physical object with both a person's and a spirit's psychic energy imprinted on it, to establish a bond for giving energy and performing stronger magic on the person