Before Ilona's summer internship is over, she wanted to go to Canada. So last Saturday we did just that: see pictures of Vancouver!
Forrest had mentioned 3 weeks ago, when Ilona first talked about Canada, that we should make sure we had the car insurance paperwork Canada required. But we didn't do it right then, and so we all forgot about it until late Friday afternoon. Canada requires the original paperwork, not a fax of it, so there was nothing my insurance company could do at that point.
Luckily, one of Ilona's internship perks is $75 car rental reimbursement. Rather than cancel our trip, we rented a car that came with Canada-approved insurance. Disaster avoided! :)
We only spent 1 day there, so we didn't have time to do everything we were interested in. We did have a good time, though, doing various things:
- looked at the Holy Rosary Cathedral
- had lunch in Gastown (which reminds me of Seattle's Pioneer Square)
- ate some soft maple sugar candy (recipe and candy cooking terminology)
- went to the Vancouver Aquarium
- checked out Chapters (apparently Canada's B&N/Borders-equivalent; photo requires you to log in to Flickr and be my "friend")
- bought $7 worth of strange Canadian candy to try