Friday, November 19, 2004

Writing Muses

The official NaNoWriMo book suggests wearing something to signify that you're in your Novel Zone. Some people wear funky fingerless gloves or plastic Viking helmets; I have my muses on my shoulders. That's a schnark and a glow-in-the-dark Devil Ducky, in case you couldn't tell.

I realized while reading the book that by the end of my first week of writing (which corresponds to the official Week Three, but who's counting?) I was starting to take my writing commitment too seriously. I had lost track of the fact that NaNoWriMo is supposed to be silly!

These guys are here to remind me, every time I turn my head. Also, one of 'em keeps insisting I kill off everyone, Orson Scott Card-style. I'll let you guess which muse suggests such things. ;)

Categories: , ,

1 comments:

Lisa R said...

Devil Duckie! I want one! My schnarks are way more cooler than yours. *nodme*

And, uh, pay no attention to any comments on the post underneath this one... *cough*