Monday, January 31, 2005

Our Rings

Created by Reflective Images, our engagement rings are a Celtic-inspired hearts design in yellow gold.

This may be the first some of you have heard that we're engaged. We were waiting on the rings, which have finally arrived! (Sorry for no close-up photo, but my camera just isn't that great at two inches away.)

This blog post is obviously more personal than any other I've ever posted, but I figure I may as well start using a blog like normal people. ;)

Tim proposed to me on my birthday, after a wonderful day spent together. He took me out to Pirate's Cove after dinner, around midnight. We had been there together a couple times before, so it was already a special location to us. We'd never been at night before, though, and I had no idea you can see the stars (and milky way!) as cleary as in the Sierras. I'll think of him proposing now whenever I look up at the stars on a clear night.

Before you react that we're so young, let me reassure you that we're going to have a relatively long engagement period: two to three years, to be (semi-)exact. A year out of college is the plan.

That gives us plenty of time to enjoy being engaged. :)

Categories: , ,

1 comments:

Joseph said...

Oh My God, Crazy! Wow!
Congratulations, you crazy kids you.
Are you registered yet? Can I start sending gifts?

Serious, Congratulations, this is pretty cool. I'm looking forward to the next couple of years for you guys.