Sunday, January 2, 2005

Toilet Cloggage

Have at you, o cloggèd toilet!

I was out and about, hanging around B&N and such, enjoying myself and minding my own business, when I got a phone call alerting me to the unpleasant fact that our only toilet in the apartment was clogged. I picked up a plunger at the grocery store and took a picture of the situation when I got home. Hey, why can't "our first clogged toilet" be a worthy milestone?

We, being inexperienced plumbers, decided to call my dad to get his advice on the matter. He was at an old high school friend's Christmas party, so I wonder what he told them all when he got off the phone with me. :) He just said to plunge, so we tried that. But it was no good.

We ended up having to call the 24-hour maintenance guy, Ken, to come rescue us. Unfortunately, it being after midnight, he had to get out of bed, get dressed, and drive 20 minutes to get to our apartment. Poor guy. At least he gets time and a half for such things. He fixed it the first try. His secret: plunge extra-violently, while flushing. Hopefully, we'll be able to fix our next clogged toilet ourselves. :P

Categories: ,

2 comments:

Lisa R said...

LOL! You silly college-type people! A measely plugged toilet? My 80-year-old grandmother can get out of her sack faster than you can! Well... that doesn't really fit, but you get the idea. ^_^

You will only know true Water Closet Woes when it's plugged and then begins to overflow. *shudder*

Arthaey Angosii said...

Well, it did overflow... But luckily it was clean water. You've very right, though, that we do not know the woes that you(r dad) know(s). :)