Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Driving Plans

I set up the route Forrest and I will be taking up to Redmond, via the coast the entire way. At least, that's assuming and hoping that the coastal highway isn't too terribly nasty. I didn't like being a passenger on Highway 1 between Monterey and San Simeon, but this time I'll be the driver, so it won't be quite so harrowing. Following the road via Google's satellite imagery, it looks like it's not so cliffy as it is down by SLO. Good deal, as far as I'm concerned.

Microsoft is reimbursing us $70 each of the two nights we've been allotted to get up to Redmond, and $30 in meals per day. Not as insanely generous as the courting-the-recruits allowance we were given earlier (which added up to $75 per day), but still decent. I find I don't eat as much when I'm on the road, anyhow.

I'm starting to get antsy about heading out. This should be a fun little adventure before the code-monkeying begins. I'll try to remember to take pictures along the way — the plan is to get out and stretch once and a while during the 7 hours of driving each day, so maybe I'll drag the camera out with me. We shall see.

Categories: ,

0 comments: