Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Homemade Stuffed Animals

Stuffed Chicken Drumsticks and Pins

I'm not sure where I got the idea into my head, but I've decided I want to try some hand-stitched stuffed animals. So that I would (sorta) know what I was doing, I skimmed the relevant books at the University Village B&N:

Stuffed Chicken Pattern Draft

I've started sewing a plush rotisserie chicken (it's an in-joke gift), from a pattern I drafted from scratch. Google Image Search was helpful in reminding myself about the details of the chicken form. :) It turns out that the pattern pieces need to be significantly larger than I expected, so when I cut out the real fleece pieces I gave the pattern a one-inch margin.

The chicken is coming along nicely!

This post is backdated; it was actually written on January 23, 2008.

0 comments: