Monday, December 24, 2007

Visiting My Family for Christmas

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

Forrest finished up his finals and we drove from SLO up to the Bay Area on the 19th to spend Christmas with my family. My parents did most of the cooking for the 15-plus–person event; here you can see my mom's tasty chocolate crinkle cookies. Not all of the dough made it into baked cookie form. :) She also cooked several other desserts: Russian tea cakes, snickerdoodles, pies...

Purple Moose with Unfinished Antlers

I started working on Lisa's present, a stuffed purple moose, but I didn't finish it before Christmas-present-opening time. However, she didn't finish my gift socks either, so it's fair.

We had an unusually large Christmas turnout this year. In addition to the usual suspects that we also go camping with every summer, my mom's cousin showed up this year along with her husband, son, daughter-in-law, and grandson. I hadn't seen the son and daughter-in-law since they got married, so it was nice to see them again. The traditional corn-in-wine sneakiness and pea-flinging fun went on, as did the yacking chatting late into the evening.

Battery Experiment

During the down times, Forrest entertained himself by doing things such as this battery experiment, or seeing how many 9-volt batteries connected in series it takes to kill a Christmas light. My dad got out his tools and helped Forrest. I think my father and my boyfriend are bad influences on each other. :P

This post is backdated; it was actually written on January 23, 2008.

2 comments:

Lisa R said...

And where, haha, is my moose now, eh? Eh?! :)

Arthaey Angosii said...

It's currently in Arizona, where I forgot it while packing. :( Forrest's grandfather is supposedly mailing it...