Sunday, January 10, 2010

El León, La Bruja y El Armario

English:

I've finally finished reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, the first book in the Narnia series (in Spanish). I read it once when I was a kid, but I didn't remember it well and I also wanted to practice my Spanish.

The author's writing style was more... direct? than I like. I'm not quite sure... It seemed not like a dramaticalization but rather a report of the story, told without being sufficiently "in the moment" with the characters.

In any case, I'm glad that I read the whole thing in Spanish.

Spanish:

¡Por fin terminé de leer El león, la bruja y el amario, el primer libro del series Narnia (en español)! Lo leí una vez cuando era niña, pero no bien recordaba bien la historia y también querría practicar mi español.

El estilo de escritura del autor fue más... directo? que lo que me gusta. No sé exactamente... No Me parece no como una dramatización sino más bien un reportaje de la historia, relatada sin estar suficientemente "en el momento" con los personajes.

En cualquier caso, me alegro que lo leí en su totalidad en español.

1 comments:

John Cowan said...

You might want to check out this discussion of omniscient narration at How To Write Badly Well, which is a great place itself. The three last comments are Ursula Le Guin's, scurvily copied by me without permission. The book they come from, Steering the Craft, is really wonderful.