Monday, February 22, 2010

Lesson Learned: Don't Push Yourself When Recovering from Surgery (Duh)

With respect to my recent surgery, I thought I was recovering nicely. So well, in fact, that this weekend I did quite a bit of walking around with my friends. Come Saturday night / Sunday morning, I barely slept because pain in my side kept waking me up. Last night I slept with the help of 2 Percocet. :(

I was supposed to go back to work today. But because I was dumb and pushed myself too much too fast when I thought I was feeling okay, I'm going to have to wait a little while longer. So I'm taking it easy again today — lots of lying and sitting around is on the menu.

3 comments:

Nigmi said...

How you doing today?

Surgery, it's pretty intense business from what I understand. You're totes right -- don't push yourself too hard. Take it easy and heal up well, yes yes? :D

*hugs*

Arthaey Angosii said...

I rested lots on Monday, and felt better again on Tuesday. So I went in to work like I had planned to do. At which point I promptly pushed myself too hard again, and now I'm more sore and tired again. Lesson "learned," eh? *sigh self*

But I did have my follow-up appointment with the surgeon, and he said everything looked fine. So I'm not in serious danger... but I should still keep smacking myself upside the head to remember to take it easy still. :P

Nigmi said...

Heh ... you know, lessons are really hard to learn ... like ... you gotta study and look at stuff multiple times and all that jazz :D

Good that you're not in serious danger. Be good to yourself :D