Thursday, February 24, 2011

Settling In

First full day in California.

At work, I've signed up to be a volunteer ESL tutor at Google. We're partnering with this local program, Building Skills, that gets Googlers to teach English (and computer literacy, if desired) to the janitors that work at Google. I'm pretty excited about this volunteer opportunity, and also nervous since I've never tutored adults.

At work-work, I'm about to be done with our old Jambool code and will start working on Google Checkout code proper. I'm going to miss getting paid to work on Rails; I'll probably start setting aside time to work on my side conlang Rails project again.

At the new house, Forrest has been dealing with utilities guys and movers. Everything should be move-in-able on Monday, which is exciting. I'm looking forward to living in my redwoods!

0 comments: