Monday, March 7, 2011

Settling In and Unpacking

Last night was our first night in the new house. I excavated the kitchen, which had been completely full of boxes stacked 5-6' high, while Forrest set up the new TV and other assorted electronics.

We didn’t discover until the morning that the propane heater in the bedroom is programmable, so the temperature was a little warmer than is good for sleeping. That was in marked contrast to how chilly the living room area is, where the only heat source is a wood-burning stove that’s currently buried behind more stacks of boxes. It’s so cold in the mornings, I wanted a snuggie! (Psst, Mom, got any fleece and a need for a new project? ;))

Tonight I emptied a bunch of boxes from the bedroom. So now I can get to my side of the bed normally, instead of crawling over to my side or snaking through the box-canyon. (Teehee, no pun intended.)

I can also confirm that the shower in the master bedroom suite works, although the controls are fiddly and weird, and we really need to figure out how to rig a shower curtain around a jacuzzi bathtub corner shower stall…

1 comments:

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

Actually, I do have fleece and could quite possibly be persuaded to contemplate and even take on a New Project.

good timing, too! I am just about done with my current project!

What bribes do you have to offer? :-)