Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lhenazi Font & Eating Poorly

My Daily Stats
Exercise Food Spanish Writing Conlanging
Steps Calories Time Words Activities
5500 1050 ± 200 Lhenazi font

On Tuesday, I spent several hours at a cafe creating a handwritten script for my new conlang. Yesterday, I spent several hours at a cafe creating a font for my new conlang! I have some more cleanup work to do with it, but it's almost done already:

Basic Lhenazi Characters

After closing time, I walked over to Jerry's for some True Blood and Left 4 Dead. Vampires good, zombies bad. :) By the time we were done with that, it was like 2 AM and I bummed a ride home. Thus only 5k steps, whereas I probably would have had closer to 8k if I'd walked home too. Ah well, there's always tomorrow, as the old DDR machine says.

And about those calories... My "target" is 1200 calories per day. It may look like I did well yesterday... except that here's the list of healthy things I ate:

  • 3 slices of gouda
  • 6 oz milk
  • 12 oz mocha
  • molasses cookie
  • croissant
  • Mirror Pond pale ale
  • coffee w/cream & sugar

So yeah. Tasty, but not so good, eh? Damn Caffe Ladro and their bakery! It's out to get me, clearly. ;)

3 comments:

Kris Kowal said...

I love the syllabeme grids. By tuning your phonology, you've arrived at a manageable number of symbols. It also has a natural look to it…it doesn't look too designed. I would be personally compelled to make the graphs a little easier to learn, which would defeat the natural look.

Oh! I posted a picture of my alphabet on flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78567543@N00/3834697691/

I should blog it, but I'm presently engaged in making a giant map of Middle Earth in Sindarin Tengwar.

FtZoltan said...

Very cool that you made a font for it! Can I ask what tool you used?

Arthaey Angosii said...

@Kris: Thanks; naturalism was one of my goals. Since I created each glyph from individual pictograms, it was easier to avoid them becoming too similar to one another. If I had to come up with 60+ characters directly in their final form, they probably would have looked too much alike.

I do like your calligraphy style!

@FtZoltan: I used Inkscape to draw each glyph as an SVG image, then imported them into FontForge to create the actual font.