Sunday, October 4, 2009

Chicken Salad

I made myself some chicken salad from scratch today. I didn't even follow a recipe! (This is a noteworthy accomplishment for me, since I'm normally one of those by-the-letter recipe-following non-cooks.) Forrest will even vouch for the tastiness of my chicken salad.

I didn't have walnuts, but I think they would have been a nice addition. So in the recipe below, I'm adding 'em. I'm recording the "recipe" below, in case I forget what I put in it. :)

Chicken Salad

  • rotisserie chicken thigh & drumstick, shredded
  • 1 celery stalk, chopped
  • 3 inches of cucumber, chopped
  • 1 or 2 slices of red onion, chopped
  • dried cranberries, about ¼ cup or so
  • handful of walnuts, chopped
  • two big teaspoon glops of mayonnaise
  • sprinkle of lemon juice (equivalent to squeezing a slice)
  • salt & pepper, to taste

Combine chicken, celery, cucumber, onion, cranberries, and walnuts in a bowl.

Add mayonnaise. Stir until evenly distributed.

Add lemon juice and salt & pepper.

Yields: 1 main course serving, or 2 side servings

3 comments:

Rene said...

You could switch out the mayonnaise for some greek yogurt (or take normal yogurt and drain it through some cheesecloth). It'll reduce the fat content once you add in the walnuts :).

Nigmi said...

walntus huh?


:P

sounds yummy, btw!

Arthaey Angosii said...

Yes, walntus, close relative of Walnetto.