Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bought Myself a Slow Cooker

While I was staying with my folks, my dad made some beef stew in his slow cooker. It reminded me that I'd always liked the idea of slow cookers, and now that I'm going to have a non-negligible commute, I'm going to feel even less like cooking than when I was 3 miles from work. But I could toss stuff in a slow cooker and eat it when I got home. :)

So I've got myself a 3-quart slow cooker — this Hamilton Beach one had good reviews compared to some of the others, but wasn't as pricey as the Crock Pot name brand. I'll wander down to B&N tomorrow and pick out a tasty-looking cookbook to go with it.

Hopefully I'll be able to find myself a brown-bag–friendly group at Microsoft to have lunch with, so I'm not wasting so much money on eating lunch out every day...

4 comments:

smanoli said...

So when did you get this job with Microsoft? I've seen no mention of it in your blog.

Arthaey Angosii said...

Yeah... that'd be one of the backdated posts that I'm still working on... :P But I figured I'd better start posting in the current time too, or else I'll never catch up.

Shane said...

I've been trying to bring more prepared food from home as well, so I'm all for brownbag lunches :P

Arthaey Angosii said...

Shane wrote: I've been trying to bring more prepared food from home as well, so I'm all for brownbag lunches :P

Awesome! Feel free to invite any of your usual lunch buddies; we could start our own lunch group. With blackjack! ;)