Sunday, May 21, 2006

Mystery Beer Night

Alpha Theta, Olya's coed frat, occasionally hosts what they call "mystery beers." They had about one hundred different varieties of beer and other malt beverage, all hidden in several ice bins. People stood in line, drew a number out of a (duct tape) hat, and either drank or traded away their selected beer.

I drew an Old Brown Dog Ale, which was pretty decent. I also tried a sip of Dogfish 120 Minute IPA. This was apparently an expensive, rare beer, and tasted surprising sweet. Pretty good, but if it IS, in fact, expensive and rare, I probably won't be having it again any time soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A test comment --

So, I'm not your friend, huh? Or at least my blog isn't ... *grin*

Also, did you get home OK?

Arthaey Angosii said...

Your blog is not my friend because I can't read the friends-only posts in my feed reader, Bloglines, which is where the list of friends' blogs comes from.

And yes, I got home okay, but I did pick up a nasty sore throat from you all. I shall never forgiv-- oo, poofy tail!

Arthaey Angosii said...

Now, dearest Olya, your blog is my friend. As useless as that is, what with your secretive friends-only postings. ;)