Wednesday, July 26, 2006

PyBlogger Troubles

I really wanted to be able to post to Blogger from within Vim on my server. After hunting around, it seems as though PyBlogger is what I want. It's just a Python wrapper for the Blogger API and a command-line client for posting textfiles. This post is my first test using PyBlogger.

Update, 2:38 PM: <title>Titles, Anyone?</title>

Googling suggests that the Blogger API doesn't actually support setting titles of posts. What a lame limitation that would be. I'm trying <title> at the top of the post, per LiveJournal user bradfitz's suggestion, to see if that does the trick.

Update, 2:44 PM: <title>TITLE</title> Modifying Blog.py wrapper directly...

Update, 2:45 PM: So it seems that PyBlogger doesn't use the Atom API, which is what you need if you want to set post titles programmatically. Looks like I'll just have to set up my own script when I get home.

1 comments:

Arthaey Angosii said...

And now my comments are all spiffy and highlighted in yellow. I can make any individual poster's comments a custom color if I so desire.