Thursday, November 12, 2009

No Job For You!

November 12th was my one-month "anniversary" of my new job. The board members controlling the company decided that it would be a good time for a 50% "reduction in workforce." Extreme suxor. They reduced staff from ~20 to 11. There is no more HR, and all other positions lost any "redundant" folk. As the second developer, I was obviously the one let go.

They let us know Thursday that our last day would be... Thursday. Ouch. At least they're extending my medical benefits through the end of the year rather than the end of the month...

So yeah. This is officially ridiculous. I'm looking for a new job after just one month. *sigh*.

3 comments:

John Cowan said...

Ow ow ow ow. Suxors to be Uzor, indeed. I hope things get better soon.

Nigmi said...

Ouch ... that sucks =/

I hope you find something as good or better and soon ... *hugs*

Aaron *@ said...

Ouch. Hiring people a month before you fire 50% of the force? Terrible management. Good luck on the search.

Doubt you're looking to move down here, but I'll still mention that my employer's looking for a couple software engineers. Job descriptions are on our web site if you're interested.