Friday, August 25, 2006

Score! Red Hot Chili Peppers Concert

At work, an email was sent out to all iTunes employees asking if anyone wanted a free ticket to the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert tonight in Oakland. It was very early -- the crack of 12:30 in the afternoon! -- but I called Forrest anyway to wake him up and ask him if he'd like to go to the concert for his birthday. His exact response was, "Fuck yeah!"

So I shot off a reply email, 3 minutes after it had been sent. I was hoping that there would be enough tickets, and enough people who don't have their email client checking once a minute ;), that there would still be tickets available. I mentioned that it was Forrest's birthday in my email.

Lucky I did, too, because Matt (the guy with the tickets) said that although he was initially giving out only one ticket per person, he'd make an exception for my boyfriend's birthday. Sweet!

So, at 8:30 tonight Forrest and I will be at the Oakland Arena, listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers in concert. Who ever said working for a big company was all bad? :)

Categories: ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Know anyone that wants 4 free tickets to the Fresno show tomorrow? No joke- check this post-http://www.drewmeyersinsights.com/2006/08/26/almost-free-tickets-to-red-hot-chili-peppers-in-fresno-tomorrow/

Arthaey Angosii said...

Good luck selling your tickets, Drew. Most people I know who would want to go to the concert read my blog, so if they're interested they'll contact ya.