Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Google Talk?

There's quite a bit of buzz out on that thar internet right now about a possible Google IM/VoIP application: read about it at GoogleRumors.com, USA Today, or any number of other news sites. The URL talk.google.com is active and redirects to a 404 at www.google.com/talk, so things are registered and set up. I'm certainly looking forward to what Google might offer in the way of IMing and VoIP...

Update, 8/24: So while Google Talk is cool in that it's integrated with my contacts on Gmail, it can't connect to the existing AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, or MSN networks where my other buddies live. So I haven't seen anything yet that will make me abandon Gaim...

Categories: , ,

1 comments:

staticfoo said...

Well, GAIM already connects to google talk, so perhaps integrate GAIM with your gmail contacts?