Thursday, August 18, 2005

Hacks & Mascot, Sign Weirdness

While my personal favorite console controller remains the SNES one, it's still pretty darn cool to turn a NES controller into a TV remote. Now if I were more into hardware... Also cool is this unconventional ship made of popsicle sticks. Wonder what kind of glue they used, that it doesn't disintigrate the moment it's submerged?

Continuing in my internet surfing, I discovered that Japanese Firefox fans have created a mascot for the browser: sample images are here, here, here, here, here, and here. Weirrrrd.

In more randomness, there is a site devoted to road signs whose numbers can be combined to form valid equations. Reminds me of a math game we played in fifth grade, but stranger. And for the last link of this browsing session: Google Mapki, a wiki dedicated to creating Google map mashups.

Categories: , , ,

4 comments:

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

talk about wierd stuff .. Catherine, this is right up your alley: I noticed that at the top of your blog page is a link to the [next] blog. So I went blog-surfing (would that be blurfing?, but I digress).

Anyway, I happened upon this blog. Check out the font! It that not cool??

Arthaey Angosii said...

That font is used for Devanagari, a (syllabic) alphabet used for writing Hindi and other languages. So know you know. :)

Lisa R said...

You have too much surfing time. Aren't you supposed to be working... or something?

Arthaey Angosii said...

Hey, I posted from home. I'm allowed to waste time once I'm home. 'Sides, you're one to talk, you mudder you.