Monday, September 5, 2005

The Big Link Post

I've been emailing myself URLs for the past week, intending to blog about them. But I procrastinated, so instead of a couple small linky posts, here's one big one.

Humor Links

  • Wired's interview with Jon Stewart. I really need to start watching The Daily Show more regularly. Aaron, I'll be looking to you for that one.
  • Cats In Sinks is a photo website dedicated to, yes, cats in sinks. Anyone with cats knows that these pictures are not hard to come by. :)

Random Links

  • If you like the look of alarm clock–style digit displays, check out this instant labeling tape.
  • Bitfall is a water fountain art display thingy. That is, a horizontal controller with many nozzles lets drops of water fall at various times and durations, creating a "black and white" image in mid-air. Really, just go look at the site. Is cool.
  • Paul Anderson's novel Hunger's Bride weighs in at 4 pounds 9 ounces and 1,360 pages. Plot sounds like it could be decent, and it's apparently gotten good reviews, as well.
  • Apparently cave-dwelling is seeing a revival. Now, how to have strawbale and caves at the same time... ;)

Flying Spaghetti Monsterism

  • You may have noticed the new FSM button I've added to my blog's sidebar and my website's footer. Or maybe not. But it's cool, regardless. Ramen!
  • A craft blog shows off a stuffed fleece FSM. I've requested my mom put a similar project at the end of her project list. She's the best! *wink wink nudge nudge*
  • The amazing Michaelangelo-inspired FSM wallpaper is now being sold as a poster on Café Press for $24. Very tempting.

Computers

  • Some guy did a Bender case mod. Some guys have too much time on their hands.
  • If you ever wanted an algorithm to suggest new music you might like based on your current music tastes, go check out Pandora, free for the first 10 hours.
  • Web developers that care how their sites look in all combinations of browsers and OSes may find the $10/month fee of BrowserCam worthwhile. There's been talk of my Microsoft team getting one of the larger subscriptions.
  • Eric Meyer has put together a surprisingly good-looking CSS-based slideshow that degrades gracefully. Standards-compliant, even! Think twice before posting something only in PowerPoint format now.
  • If you've ever wanted to turn a printer into a shredder, go read about the DIY anti-printer.
  • You've all heard about Skype by now, I'm sure. But here's a usage pattern for Skype that I hadn't thought of. Intriguing.

News

Categories: , , , ,

1 comments:

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

"A craft blog shows off a stuffed fleece FSM. I've requested my mom put a similar project at the end of her project list. She's the best! *wink wink nudge nudge*"

You'll have to grovel MUCH more than that. Currently, your request is below the bottom of the To Do List. As in, not even on the radar. :-)