Monday, September 5, 2005

Mmm, Asiago Cheese Dip

Despite best-laid plans to get in to work today (technically yesterday, if you go by that midnight-is-tomorrow business), I slept in until 11 (which has, crazily enough, become late for me), played around on the internet for a couple hours (as usual ;)), and then Forrest and I went to the Rock Bottom Restaurant in Bellevue for lunch. Again, the asiago cheese dip was superb. I had the brown ale chicken and mushrooms for my main meal; also yummy.

We meant to take a picture of the cheese dip to share with y'all, but we forgot about our photo-taking plan as soon as the dip arrived. It's that tasty. I asked the cook to swing by our table if any other customers ordered the cheese dip so we could take its picture, but no one else did before we left. So the new plan is to go back once more before we leave the area, and have a cheesy meal: asiago cheese dip and triple stout chocolate cheesecake.

After lunch, we walked over to the Barnes & Noble across the street, where I finished reading Freakonomics, an interesting book that I first found out about from the various other blogs I read.

Back home, I went hunting for asiago cheese dip recipes, as there are no Rock Bottom restaurants near to SLO. I found four similar recipes that sounded a lot like the restaurant's version. Once I get back to SLO, I'll probably try it out. I'll come back and edit this post after I beta-test the recipe.

Asiago Cheese Dip

  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
  • 1/2 cup Asiago cheese (for the dip)
  • 1 tablespoon Asiago cheese (for the topping)
  • 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatos
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 clove garlic (optional)

Combine ingredients and cook "until bubbly," which means 350-400 degrees for 15-30 minutes.

Yield: between 2 and 3.25 cups; the recipes don't agree.

Sources: Cooking Light magazine via AllRecipes.com, That's My Home, Erin Rogers via SheKnows.com and Cooking Smart, and Razzle Dazzle Recipes.

Categories: , ,

0 comments: