Saturday, December 10, 2005

Waking Up Early

View of Church from My Room Sketch

Woke up "in the middle of the night," 6 AM, which actually turns out to be the tail end of the night. I could not, for the life of me, fall back asleep. I had a headache from the pillow and my stomach hurt. I hoped it wasn't the cucumber slices from dinner.

I eventually decided to go take a shower. The shower here, at least for the renting students, is pretty weird. The shower is right between the sink and the toilet. The hot water spigot turns opposite of how it's supposed to. The water pressure is ridiculous, although if it were normal it'd probably hit the bathroom door. And the hot water temperature is only nominally hot. Between the tepid water and the chilly dawn air, I was so cold that when I got back into my jammies (I wasn't yet willing to admit that I was actually getting up at six in the morning), my jammies still felt warm!

View of Church from My Room

I don't know what I want to do with today. I've checkeh out all the shops are the zócalo, and I'm scheduled for a tour tomorrow, so that leaves today without a plan. might go pick up some of that weird painting-on-leather stuff that people sell, now that I know where to get them. (The street vendors sell for less than the mercado ones.) Or maybe a little water color dealie. (You got a problem with "dealie"? Well, do ya, punk?)

Hmm, what the heck to 32 church bell ringings followed by 2 more signify? Maybe someone just got overeager at the bell tower.

I killed an hour before breakfast drawing the view from the chair next to my room. The upstairs window in the picture turned out to be Sofí's room. I didn't even know there were stairs in the house!

0 comments: