Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolutions, Vaguely

English:

I don't like the idea of New Year's resolutions -- they're never fulfilled. But new habits, that are made up of specific, concrete goals, yes. I don't know if I want to elevate these to the level of "resolutions," but these things are important to me. And today is the time to take about such things...

  • I want to be fluent in Spanish. I can communicate well enough, but not fluently. I want to be able to really speak.
  • I want to lose 35 pounds. I had been tracking my weight a few months ago, but I stopped during the last two months. I'm sure that I've gained weight since then. :(
  • I want to continue being creative. I enjoy when I do things like that; I don't do it enough.

Tomorrow I will think about concrete steps that are less will take 1 month or less. (If the steps are larger, they can seem impossible, or, on the other hand, like there's enough time that you can procrastinate.)

Spanish:

No me gusta la idea común de los buenos propósitos de Año Nuevo -- nunca se los cumplió. Pero nuevos costumbres, que están hechos por metas específicas y concretas, sí. No sé si quiero elevar estos al nivel de "buenos propósitos," pero son cosas que me importan. Y hoy es tiempo para hablar de tal cosas...

  • Quiero dominar el español. Puedo comunicar suficientemente, pero no con fluidez. Deseo que podría hablar de verdad.
  • Quiero perder 35 libras. Había estado apuntando mi peso hace algunos meses, pero paré durante los dos meses pasados. Estoy segura de que he ganada peso desde entonces. :(
  • Quiero continuar con la creatividad. Me lo pase bien cuando hago cosas así; no lo hago bastante.

Mañana pensaré en los pasos concretos, que son de duración de sólo 1 mes al máximo. (Si los pasos son mas grandes, se parezcan imposibles, o, por otra parte, como haya tanto tiempo que puedes "procrastinar.")

0 comments: